- An influential leadership role with major impact
- Provide a brighter future for children in need
- Passionate team committed to the cause
A Little Bit About Us
Established in 2007, we are a dynamic and agile private sector-led not-for-profit organisation empowering indigenous children in financial need to build a better future. Inspired by visionary leadership and a passionate team, we have an Executive Board and Community Ambassadors of the highest calibre. We provide Scholarship and Pathways programs that have successfully helped students transition from school or university to further studies and employment. We are making real impact in the community and want YOU to help drive sustainable success into the future.
What You Will Do
As Chief Operating Officer, you will lead the finance and operational functions of the business in our Sydney, Brisbane and Perth locations. This is a broad, hands-on role responsible for Strategy, Finance, Risk, IT, HR, Procurement, Legal, Property and Company Secretarial and Compliance. You’re technically excellent in all things finance, including using data to provide insights that make better business decisions. A curious thinker with a focus on the detail, you will bring strength, rigour and leadership to the finance and operations team. In a nutshell, you will:
– Project manage the delivery of month-end deadlines and statutory reporting to the Board.
– Deliver monthly management reporting and data analysis to leadership.
– Understand not-for-profit financial and regulatory responsibilities.
– Be experienced in company secretarial, risk and compliance matters.
– Be technology savvy and identify and execute process and system improvements.
– Come with experience to MYOB, MS Office, Excel and SharePoint.
– Have experience leading the annual audit process.
Who You Are
– A finance controls guru, technically proficient, CA/CPA qualified, with extensive commercial experience.
– You love what you do and not afraid of a challenge.
– An expert communicator who leads by example.
– A hands-on manager who gets things done.
– You can deal with multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
– Have a ‘can-do’ attitude, and a self-starter who takes initiative and accountability.
– You are systematic, organised and have a strong attention to detail.
– You embrace change, are adaptable and flexible.
What We Offer
This is a unique opportunity to join a team who are passionate about what they do, open to new ideas and driven to make a real difference. We’re an entrepreneurial and exciting organisation with a history of success and innovation. Be rewarded with an executive salary package, professional development, ongoing learning on the job, groovy yet professional workplace and the ability to work with some of Australia’s most inspiring leaders.
To find out more please call Doug Spahn on +612 9262 4836 or apply at www.moirgroup.com.au.
To be alerted when we advertise a new job please set up a “job alert” by visiting us at our website www.moirgroup.com.au
Salary: $200,000 to $300,000
Work Type: Full Time