Senior Revenue Accountant
- Newly created Revenue Accountant role for a listed global organisation
- IFRS 15 knowledge required and experience with SAP is preferred
- Full time permanent opportunity based in North Ryde
Our client is a market leading Medical device business with a global reach.
They have recently created this Senior Revenue Accountant role to support the organisation. This roles main responsibility will be to ensure the accuracy and completeness of revenue recognition accounting transactions in accordance with IFRS 15 / ASC 606.
The candidate will also assist Management with the implementation of IFRS 16 and day to day accounting duties.
This Senior Revenue Accountant role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Review and analyse customer contracts and document significant terms and accounting conclusions in accordance with ASC 606 / IFRS15.
- Provide technical expertise / business partnering to the sales, finance and contract team.
- Analyse customer contracts to ensure all revenue elements are being billed, measured and accounted for correctly.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of all revenue related close items including the preparation of deferred revenue calculation, unbilled A/R, journal entries, revenue/leasing schedules, account analysis and financial reporting disclosures.
- Calculate, document and maintain standalone selling price analysis and relative selling price allocations under ASC606 / IFRS 15 by coordinating with the businesses and FP&A teams to establish SSP.
- Assist with implementation of ASC 606/ IFRS 15 Revenue from contracts.
- Ensure compliance with revenue policies and procedures.
- Prepare the ‘return on sales’ analysis reporting for actual results and reconcile to the income statement.
- Prepare month end payroll journals to ensure payroll data is correct and posted.
- Review US benchmark survey and prepare similar survey as required by the Australian Bureau of statistics.
- Support finance team with ad hoc tasks and value add projects.
The successful candidate will hold the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/ CA preferred
- 2 years revenue recognition experience
- Detailed technical proficiency in IFRS 15 – assessing contracts (standard and non-standard) in accordance with IFRS 15 and providing conclusions and advice on the best way forward
- IFRS 15 implementation experience would ideally be gained in a capital equipment intensive environment
- Knowledge of IFRS 16 is also required
- Must be comfortable driving change and working with other business departments providing consultative feedback
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally have experience with SAP
Big 4 / Chartered candidates are welcome to apply.
Salary on offer is between $110,000 – $115,000 + super + bonus
To find out more please call Rachael Abbott on +612 9262 4836 or apply at www.moirgroup.com.au.
To be alerted when we advertise a new job please set up a “job alert” by visiting us at our website www.moirgroup.com.au
Salary: $100,000 to $150,000
Work Type: Full Time